Zabaglione with Fresh Peaches and Raspberries
Courtesy of Corbin Tomaszeski
- 8 pieces small Italian biscuits
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons Marsala wine
- Prepare the Zabaglione custard by placing the eggs, sugar and wine into a medium sized, stainless steel, round bottomed bowl.
- Fill a small saucepan half way with hot water and bring to a boil. Once the water has come to a boil, lower the heat to a low simmer.
- Place the bowl of custard over the hot water, (being careful not to have the bowl touch the water) and with a wire whip, Wisk the egg yolk mixture until the eggs begin to thicken and become creamy and frothy-approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 4 pieces of the Italian biscuits into two martini glasses. Divide the fresh fruit into the martini glasses on top of the biscuits.
- Pour half of the cooked zabaglione on top the fresh fruit and blowtorch lightly until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the Zabaglione with icing sugar and garnish with fresh raspberries and mint. Serve immediately while the custard is still warm.